More than a great tasting beer
We know exactly how this beer was produced and we are very proud of it! We are about to tell you everything, from how the first small organic-certified seed of malt barley was put in the soil at Ullälva Gård on the 22nd of April 2019 to the beer being bottled at Ängöl in Kalmar on the 13th of March 2021 - and everything in between!
You can read everything about the process and its steps, because we believe that you care, we believe that you want to know! This beer is the result of a collaboration between many partners in an unbroken chain: Ullälva Gård (malt barley), Krongården (Hops), Skira (trading platform for grains) Brewmaster (malting), Ängöl (brewery), Foodchain by Blockchain (traceability system supplier) and IBM (Food Trust).
The parties involved in the proceedings:
The malt grain is grown on Ullälva farm by KRAV grower Wilhelm Aschan on Östgötaslätten outside Linköping.
The hops are KRAV-grown at Korngården by Staffanstorp in Skåne.
The malting plant that malted the grain is called Brewmaster and is located in Hovmantorp in Småland .
The beer is brewed by Ängöl in Kalmar in Småland.
A traceable beer step by step
The steps in detail
1. On 22th April 2019 wounds Wilhelm Aschan grain on his farm after making the soil ready by plowed fields on 26th October 2018. On 28th August 2019 harvested and dried grain which keeps fine quality. The hops are sown in the spring of 2020, harvested 10 September.
2. On May 11 at 13.00, Brewmaster wins a digital bidding for a batch of 40 tonnes on Skira.se, with a delivery period between 2020-06-19 - 2020-08-15. The ad was up on Skira for a week.
3. Delivery takes place on August 3. During delivery, a representative sample of the grain is taken and analyzed by Skira's third-party laboratory in Lidköping. See the analysis answer here. The hops will be delivered directly to the brewery on January 8, 2021.
4. Brewmaster melts the malt grain. They clean, make the malt grain germinate, perform cooling and pack the malt. Read more here
5. Ängöl takes in the ingredients and plans the beer. They use local water from Kalmar Water. Skira and Ängöl help each other and make logos and designs.
6. On March 17, 2021, Ängöl brews the beer. Read more about the taste profile here
7. Systembolaget releases the information about the beer on 12 April and official sales begin on 3 May.
Digital beer tasting
May 20 - 5 p.m.
If you want to know even more about and about beer, this is the opportunity for you:
Digital beer tasting Ängöls brewery in Kalmar together with beer expert Robert Andersson at Craft Beer Experience.
Sit in front of the screen & follow the history behind Sweden's first traceable beer!
You will learn more about the process behind the beer, hear all about the flavors, color, aromas and character of the beer, and meet Helt Spårat's project partners.